Terms and Conditions
Entry to Central & West Fife Agricultural Show is at your own risk. Every precaution has been taken by the Show Committee with regards to livestock and machinery. Please ensure you adhere to ALL signs and fences; these are in place to protect your safety. Please follow any instructions by Show Stewards or Committee Members. Your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The management of Central & West Fife Show Agricultural Show are committed to maintaining the highest standards of Health & Safety and will rigorously apply the Show’s Health & Safety Policy.
HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
It is a condition of involvement with the Central & West Fife Agricultural Show that the rules of the Health & Safety Policy are adhered to.
- Livestock is the responsibility of the owner and must be supervised at all times by someone over 16 years of age and experienced in the handling of such animals
- A Safety Officer is appointed to ensure the implementation of the Health & Safety Policy
- Stewards of each section of the Show will assess the potential risks in conjunction with the Safety Officer and take measures to manage or remove these risks.
- Animal movements will be managed to avoid contact with the public and to minimise stress on the animals.
- Bulls to be secured by rings.
- Animals which become excited or aggressive should NOT be paraded and may have to be withdrawn from the event. This will be at the discretion of the Show Stewards.
- Children will not be allowed to handle bulls or fractious animals. An adult should be in attendance in Young Handlers classes.
- All riders in the pony section should wear appropriate safety headgear.
- Horses and Ponies MUST NOT be left tied to horse boxes or trailers unattended.
- All dogs on the show field should be kept on a lead and under control AT ALL TIMES.
- NO dogs should be left unattended in cars.
- All dog waste must be lifted and disposed of in the appropriate bins.
- LPG gas use must comply with HSE regulations in respect of storage and use. Canisters must be kept outside tents, caravans, etc.
- First Aid facilities will be available and clearly identifiable.
- Any accident or injury must be reported to the Show Secretary immediately.
- Disinfectant hand wipes/wash/gel will be available on stock lines for use by the public and exhibitors who handle stock.
All prize winners must enter the livestock parade.
All prize money vouchers MUST be exchanged at the Secretary’s Tent before 5pm on Show Day (except where classes are still being judged at this time).
Any prize money not claimed on Show Day will be forfeited and no claims hereafter will be entertained.
Due to the changes of the Data Privacy Law which came into effect in 2018, the Show Society would like to remind Exhibitors that by signing the entry form, you have accepted that we will share your data, if necessary, with the bodies and breed societies listed in the schedule. Data is published in the Show Catalogue. It may also be on the Society’s website and social media pages. It may also be given to the local press with regards to the Show’s results. The Society will maintain a database, reviewed annually, solely for the purpose of mailing Exhibitors and Members. You have the right to withdraw consent of this at any time by emailing [email protected] or [email protected].
The Society is a Company Limited by the Guarantee, Company No. SC264332. In accordance with regulations laid down, all Show exhibitors who have paid membership will qualify as ‘Associate Members’. All Associate Members are entitled to attend the Annual General Meeting of the Society